This 60 minute session will cover the following topics that might come up during your coaching, mentoring or supervising capacity:
- What does an Autistic person look like?
- What is neurodiversity? (not everyone who is different, knows they are)
- What sort of questions will help you to get the conversation going, and keep it going?
- What can life be like for someone at work who is neurodiverse?
- What can you do to make them feel more comfortable?
- How to give meaningful feedback to a neurodiverse mind.
- What are accommodations, adaptations and allowances?
There will be an opportunity to ask questions at the end of each section.
About the Presenter
Sam Warner is a Communication Specialist and works with leaders across multiple industries to help Autistic people at work to achieve recognition, respect and understanding. Working predominantly with the IT industry, Sam works with the whole team to enable them to become self-aware, better communicators and gel as a cohesive team. The benefits include increased productivity, decreased absenteeism and an empowered team.
Sam is the licensee and director of TEDxTelford and coaches TEDx Speakers, speakers for formal events and small businesses wishing to refine their messaging. She also undertakes individual coaching for Autistic adults and their friends, family and co-workers. You can connect with her here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/samwarner/ where you will find all her other contact information.
Please register on the website and a Zoom link will be sent out on the morning of the event.
Please note that when registering for an EMCC UK event, you must complete the checkout process fully through the shopping cart. You will receive an order confirmation email upon successful registration. If you do not receive a confirmation email, it may be that your registration has not been completed successfully.
We look forward to welcoming you to what promises to be an interesting and informative event.