The EMCC UK Mentoring Programme is a professional membership programme which encourages excellence and progression for all EMCC UK Members.
The programme offers EMCC UK members the opportunity to reflect and grow through conversation in a mentoring relationship. It is a self-serve system to match more experienced members with less experienced members for the benefit and learning of both and usually runs over 6-8 sessions for up to a year. It supports the Professional Development Pathway and helps members develop their capability, and share their knowledge and expertise, to benefit their practice.
An Overview of the Mentoring Process
• You register with MentorNet as a Mentee or a Mentor* via the links on the Register for the Programme page
• Once registered, you create your profile, including a photo
• As a mentee you search for suitable mentors and request chemistry meetings with your shortlist of mentors (3 maximum) using the chat function in MentorNet.
• When you have found a suitable Mentor you then request a match via MentorNet with your chosen Mentor and provide feedback to the other people you had chemistry meetings with.
• Mentoring Team approve the match
• As a mentee you make contact to organise the initial session with your Mentor. You both contract and your mentoring relationship begins
• Both mentors and mentees can use the messaging function on MentorNet to liaise in between meetings
• Mentor closes the relationship on MentorNet after the final meeting to end the mentoring relationship
*To be a Mentor in the EMCC UK Mentoring Programme you are required to have Professional Indemnity Insurance and have regular supervision.