Do you have a passion for coaching, mentoring and supervision?
Are you keen to help shape the future direction of the profession?
EMCC UK is a professional membership organisation which encourages excellence and progression for mentors, coaches and supervisors. Our aim is to define, create and promote best practice for all in mentoring, coaching and supervision. We provide a reference point for key elements like standards and ethics and a continuous conversation about how to keep improving them. It is an exciting time to join the EMCC UK volunteering team.
EMCC UK is looking for volunteers to get involved in a programme of work to make Supervision centric to what we do. This is part of the Knowledge Exchange 2020 priorities where we are looking at Supervision as one of the focus areas. Amongst other things, we are devising an online Digital Module Course on The Essentials of Supervision. The aim of this online course is to set out the basics of supervision to coaches who are not particularly familiar with supervision. The design of the course will be led by Bob Thomson from Warwick Business School, who is an EMCC accredited supervisor. We are seeking volunteers in three areas:
1) Coaches who do not have much experience yet of being supervised, who are willing to share their thoughts on what they are looking for from supervision, and who can comment on the course material from their perspective.
2) Accredited Supervisors who are willing to share their thoughts and experiences, and who can comment on the course material from their perspective.
3) Accredited Supervisors who are willing to moderate online discussions and comments from participants during the running of the course.
We hope to create short film clips of volunteers answering questions such as What are you looking for from a supervisor? or How do you structure a supervision conversation?
If you are interested and would like to find out more, please contact Bob Thomson at email@example.com or Natalia de Estevan-Ubeda at Natalia.firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you able to regularly and reliably commit time to organise a programme of CPD events and network meetings throughout the year?
Are you passionate about Mentoring and Coaching and confident to promote our EMCC UK brand; our values, ethos and professionalism?
Our networks are vibrant communities where like-minded people meet to network, share and learn together. They are run by a team of enthusiastic volunteers. If you are looking to get involved and would like to support an existing network, or run a new network, please do get in contact.
The networks aim to:
• share current knowledge and ideas to encourage good practice in the field of coaching and mentoring
• enable sharing of practical, hands on coaching experiences, application of tools, skills and techniques
• provide an opportunity for participants to learn from each other and invited guest speakers. Apply their learning to raise standards and advance coaching and mentoring
• build strong networks and communities of practice across the UK
You will need to be: professional, organised, enthusiastic, a good communicator and networker.
Specific vacancies are:
- Bristol Network
- North East England
- London supporter
Our networks are always keen to hear from people who would be willing to present at a network meeting. More information about networks can be found here.
For network vacancies please contact: Nadia Harrington, Operations Director: email@example.com
Natalia de Estevan Ubeda has exciting plans for Knowledge Exchange in 2020 - could you contribute to this?
There are 5 key priorities for the year ahead:
1. Mentoring Programme - re-energising the value of mentoring as a benefit for EMCC UK members.
2. Positioning Supervision at the heart of EMCC UK
3. Research - making research available to EMCC UK members in an accessible and appealing manner.
4. Engaging with Business Schools - research and development in coaching, mentoring and supervision
5. Creating content differently: focus topics and trend topics
I would like to invite you to come forward and express an interest so that we can deliver this ambitious programme of
work. There are additional activities which are linked to the above priorities and which I have not listed. For instance, the re-energising of the Special Advisors Hub to
provide that expert rigour, advice and critique on publications (books, journal articles etc..) and others which will take shape as we develop the priority areas above. So, if you are wondering about something you used to be involved in the past, or have new ideas, please let me know.
Please email me if you want to discuss any of this further:
Natalia de Estevan Ubeda
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Peter Duffell would like to hear from skilled policy/guidance authors. Please contact Peter: email@example.com