Do you have a passion for coaching and mentoring?
Are you keen to help shape the future direction of the profession?
EMCC UK is a professional membership organisation which encourages excellence and progression for mentors and coaches. Our aim is to define, create and promote best practice for all in mentoring and coaching. We provide a reference point for key elements like standards and ethics and a continuous conversation about how to keep improving them. It is an exciting time to join the EMCC UK volunteering team.
We have two Governor vacancies. The EMCC UK Governing Body exists to provide governance, support and resource to the executive team and members. As ‘Guardians of the Constitution’ their role is a non-executive one and as such they seek to offer an oversight of how the organisation might best function and evolve as well as provide specific areas of expertise which add value to the organisation. The Governors aim to:
• offer a willing resource, as appropriate, to the Executive team
• to confidently fulfil the role of a ‘critical friend’ – providing useful challenge, support and perspective
• to provide a sounding board for Executive team as required, on an individual or group basis
• to be a visible presence at EMCC events with an explicit role as an EMCC UK Governing Member
- represent the EMCC
- ensure EMCC professional standards are upheld
- canvass and report views of members as appropriate
- encourage membership uptake
If you are interested in applying as a Governor, please download and apply using the following forms.
Declaration Election information Nomination Form Role Information
For an informal discussion about the role please contact: Lis Merrick - email@example.com or Alison Hodge - firstname.lastname@example.org (Chair of Governors) or Peter Duffell, Governance Director - email@example.com
The closing date is: 31st May 2019
Are you able to regularly and reliably commit time to organise a programme of CPD events and network meetings throughout the year?
Are you passionate about Mentoring and Coaching and confident to promote our EMCC UK brand; our values, ethos and professionalism?
Our networks are vibrant communities where like-minded people meet to network, share and learn together. They are run by a team of enthusiastic volunteers. If you are looking to get involved and would like to support an existing network, or run a new network, please do get in contact.
The networks aim to:
• share current knowledge and ideas to encourage good practice in the field of coaching and mentoring
• enable sharing of practical, hands on coaching experiences, application of tools, skills and techniques
• provide an opportunity for participants to learn from each other and invited guest speakers. Apply their learning to raise standards and advance coaching and mentoring
• build strong networks and communities of practice across the UK
You will need to be: professional, organised, enthusiastic, a good communicator and networker.
Specific vacancies are:
- Bristol Network
- Essex Network - coordinator and supporter
Please contact: Nadia Harrington, Operations Director: firstname.lastname@example.org